Name:
Location: SULLY, Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom

I have worked as a professional artist and poet for many years and often exhibit a related mix of poems, short stories and paintings.Main subjects are industrial images and townscapes. Much of my work is dislplayed on a range of blogs.It is simply a matter of pictures by paint and pictures by word. I see little difference between one medium and the other.

Friday, January 06, 2006

The Big Bang

Before some keen kinetic force
Switched on the surge of time,
God was space and space was God
For those who choose to mind,
For God and space together they trudged
Through regions barren and black,
In manoeuvres quite intractable
Ad infinitum, there and back.


One day while God was at his rest
Feinting saintly sleep,
Space softly whispered to himself,
“I’m bored enough to weep,
For what I want is a proper job,
A challenge is what I need
To tease the tenure of my mind,
With tasks that I alone can lead”.


“I fear the harm that I could do
Should my plans go sadly awry,
But this is the time to have a go
To separate the earth from sky.
So I’ll make a move before the Greeks,
Who absurd as they are bound to be,
Can build their swish Olympian halls
And compete with the holy He”.


Then he said with a satisfied grin,
“Tomorrow at dawn,……….. I shall begin”


But sadly his dreams were cruelly dispelled
By an omnipotent kick to the rump,
And shrunk at the sound of the mightiest voice,
“Silence Space for I’m about to get the hump!”
So wisely he moved seven days to the side
While the earth was so created,
And with engineering skills unsurpassed
Its physical forms updated.



But I must declare for those who choose to care
That God and space still trudge along together.

Everywhere!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home