Name:
Location: SULLY, Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom

I have worked as a professional artist and poet for many years and often exhibit a related mix of poems, short stories and paintings.Main subjects are industrial images and townscapes. Much of my work is dislplayed on a range of blogs.It is simply a matter of pictures by paint and pictures by word. I see little difference between one medium and the other.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Devil's Cry

I woke up with alarm last night
Much startled by a cry,
I knew it was Old Nick himself
Who happened to be passing by.
He thrust his head through windowpane
And glaring at me he said,
"Hey you young lad its cold out here,
Move up and make room in bed”.
But while I burrowed beneath the sheets
And he started to draw quite near,
He gave off a smell of freshly burnt coke
Recently dunked in Brain’s best beer.
I keenly sensed his bodily heat
As he approached me in my bed,
Then with a sheet of flame and shower of sparks
He smacked me on the head.
Though painful was this deed to me
I stood my ground quite well
And cried "If it’s the Devil you claim to be,
In Devil’s name go back to hell”
Then he cast his eye on me
With an obviously evil intent,
So with a mighty punch I struck him hard
He cried,” You swine that’s my nose you’ve bent!"
With this he slumped down on the bed
And wailed until the flow
Of the steaming torrent of his briny wash
Short fused the power below.
The lights went out when the electrics blew,
Maesgwyn was flooded in blackness
And sitting there holding that hand
I was soothing the prince of darkness.
After a while he confided in me
That his career had reached its end
What he longed for were the good old days
When kindliness was the trend.
For there was no challenge left for him
With so much evil about
So he got off his ass
Collected a bus pass
Joined “the OhBeJoyful”
And opted out.



Now if an old devil should pass you by
A shuffling down the street
Remember the tale of the devil’s cry
And relish his wretched defeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home