Name:
Location: SULLY, Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom

I have worked as a professional artist and poet for many years and often exhibit a related mix of poems, short stories and paintings.Main subjects are industrial images and townscapes. Much of my work is dislplayed on a range of blogs.It is simply a matter of pictures by paint and pictures by word. I see little difference between one medium and the other.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

So I Spoke to the Sea

So I spoke to the sea
And the wind, ruffling my hair,
Chided me for my impertinence.
I listened to the wind
Sweeping over the beach into gloom.

Confronting the sea I cried,
“I am Giraldus go back”.

I heard only the screech of gulls.
My cries dissolved in fluid walls
Or dismissed by the swell,
Made for the open sea
To drift over seething shallows.

So the sea spoke to me,
“You are Giraldus go back!”

I ignored its shivering whispers,
Pale echoes of the sighs and cries
From the rocky causeway,
Perilous pathway to Sully Isle.

So the sea spoke to me,
“You were Giraldus”
There is no way back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home